Monday, August 8, 2011

My First Date With LinkedIn

Went in to work last Saturday to consult on social media strategy for a new company we are launching. Explaining how different social media venues play to our benefit and in which ways was beginning to be difficult for my boss to see. He wasn't understanding how LinkedIn is not the same kind of personal network as Facebook so I came up with this analogy:

LinkedIn is like your first date. You put forth the best presentation of yourself. You shower, dress up, act poised and interesting. You are on your best behavior. Facebook is more like when you bring your date home to meet the family or hang out with your friends-- no hiding ANYTHING!

He really liked this statement and finally understood that both are personal and social but in entirely different worlds. He really liked it so I thought I would post it for others-- let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment